Friday, November 30, 2007

You're the One for Me, Fatty


Quatchi needs a series of graphic novels dedicated to his lifelong dream of being a world class ice-hockey goalie. I want to adopt Quatchi as my very own Sasquatch baby. Speaking of sasquatch babies, it's about time to add one into my novel. You call it 'jumping the shark', I call it 'throwing in the sasquatch baby'.

What I have Learned This Time Around:
1) Naming chapters after the title of Husker Du songs is a good idea.
2) I did not know I was capable of writing in Sanskrit. Now it will take maybe another year to translate my notebook to Word.
3) The greatest line in TV, possibly in all media ever (books and movies included) is uttered by Cartman in the South Park episode where he is accused of a hate crime and thrown into Juvie: "I have it deftly hidden within the depths of my ass." Genius. Alliteration and an almost poetic meter to the sentence renders it right up there with "The Leeds side-streets that you slip down". We should all hope to strive to such dizzying new literary heights.
4) My book is horribly offensive. There is no PC meter and I'm trying to figure out why.
5) I watch WAYYY too much Project Runway and South Park. Maybe I can blame South Park for number 4.


Chapter titles are cool though. These are some in the book, in no particular order:
"The Third Floor Men's Bathroom at the Queens Mall"
"Some things I learned Today"
"Douchebaggery"
"Morning Star Ship"
"We're A Happy Family"
"Pulling a Left-Eye"
"My Date with Jabba at Red Lobster"

I don't know if I won NaNoWriMo or not but at least I have the skeleton of my story down, if not all the details. The audience for my novel is masochists with a funny bone. Hurrah!

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Keets said...

"The Third Floor Men's Bathroom at the Queens Mall"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I mean, IT IS SO POLITICAL. ANARCHY!

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home